- Jamie Current
Class schedules vary. Contact me for more information!
INTRO TO DSLR
This is the class I wish I had when I was just starting to learn photography! We will set up your camera and teach you how to use it beyond "auto" mode. You’ll learn how to see photographically, choose camera settings and composition for technically correct and artistically pleasing pictures, and create images that tell your story and are full of meaning.
This class is for beginners who are currently shooting on "auto" or scene modes. This is not for someone who is working as a professional photographer or who plans on starting a photography business. A DSLR camera is required (one that allows interchangeable lenses).
TOPICS WE WILL COVER:
• Training your eye to know the difference between a snapshot and a photograph
• Using your camera in manual mode to get better pictures including: Aperture/Shutter Speed/ISO settings, Metering, Autofocus modes, Focus Points, and better white balance settings
• Artistic techniques to create interesting photographs, including composition, natural lighting/flash, perspective, depth of field, freezing action, etc
• Suggested settings for various situations
• Finding good light
• Setting up your DSLR camera
• Quality affordable labs for printing
• Advice for buying your next camera/lens/editing software
Sign Up: firstname.lastname@example.org
YOU WILL GET:
1.) 2 Hour In-Person Class with Instruction, Examples, Q&A
2.) Printed Class Notes
3.) 1 Week of Individual Coaching- invitation to a private Facebook group where you can post photos for personalized critique/advice by the instructor and see classmates’ work
4.) A Pocket Cheat Sheet for taking and reviewing pictures in camera